An update to CHNZ customers and suppliers regarding Coronovirus - COVID-19
CHNZ is taking this situation seriously and we are doing all that we can to ensure your continued peace of mind regarding our fleet. Our utmost priority here at Commercial Hire NZ is the health, safety and well-being of all our customers, suppliers, team members, and all New Zealanders – please stay safe and continue to look out for one another.
Following announcements from the New Zealand government around the continued spread of COVID-19, we felt it was important to provide you with an update on steps we are taking within our business operations and our commitment to supporting your business through these uncertain times. At this point in time, the Ministry of Health for New Zealand continues to advise that, with continued vigilance, the chance of a widespread community outbreak of COVID-19 in our country is expected to remain low. We feel it is very important that we put in place a number of measures to minimise any potential risk to our valued customers and staff, details of which you can find below.
We also appreciate that you may have questions regarding your booking. If this is the case, please refer to information below, or contact us on 0800 266 447
If you have any particular concerns around COVID-19 or believe that you may have been exposed, please contact the New Zealand Healthline team on 0800 358 5453
We have reached out to our suppliers and have asked what they are doing to minimise the spread of this virus and to keep the lines of communication open. Here are some of the things we have agreed on.
Service Continuity – To ensure the safety of our staff and yours
- We will ensure that all our hire fleet are cleaned and sanitized with keys in them before hire commences, so, your staff are not at risk interacting with anyone.
- Hire agreements will be emailed for signatures
Area managers will ring prior to visiting sites to ensure you are comfortable with them being on site and will practise social distancing.
- (Check out our Standard Operating Procedure for Returned units attached or check our web site www.commercialhire.co.nz )
Cleanliness and Hygiene:
The New Zealand Ministry of Health has advised that basic hygiene measures are the most important ways to stop the spread of COVID-19. We have put in place the measures below.
- Vehicles - We are very proud of our cleaning processes at CHNZ but during this time we are putting in place additional cleanliness procedures across our network. This includes increased sanitisation of all rental vehicles, with a particular focus on the sanitisation of keys and steering wheels, gear shift controls, door handles
- In branch - We are also increasing the cleaning process for all surfaces in branch, with our counters being sanitised after every customer. We have provided all staff with information on the best protocol for regular handwashing and are continuing to update our entire network with the latest government advice, including social distancing and instructing those who should self-isolate to do so. (Check out our Standard Operating Procedure for Returned units attached or check our web site www.commercialhire.co.nz )
- Hand sanitiser – Hand sanitiser is available in all our branches, please use this regularly or take advantage of our hand washing facilities.
CHNZ will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it evolves. We will consistently be reviewing government advice to provide a safe experience for our customers. But rest assured we will continue to operate for those that need us.
The Team at Commercial Hire Nz Ltd
0800 266 447